Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rustic Benches

I've made Benches for many years.
Most recently, I've been making outdoor cedar benches for Bear Mountain Park, with Bill Olendorf. It's 6 foot long by 2 feet deep and about 4 feet high. Some done eight years ago have just needed some new pieces, mostly the seating slats.

Others that I do and teach are simpler slabs of wood with four legs. Then, if there is time and interest weadd a tall or short back on them. This is a great learning project about building rustic.
This one was made during the Omega class in 2011

One unusual one I've done was a metal planter as the "seat" on the bench and then the planter actually got planted with flowers, grass, vegetables... There were two removable seats that could be placed over the insert so you coyuld sit in your garden.... I'll try to find those pictures from 1982...

No comments:

Post a Comment